Vegan and gluten free biscotti
Not every cafe have vegan and gluten free options, so when we go for a coffee we sometimes take our own sweets with us. Last weekend we made biscottis and they turned out amazing. So crispy and full of flavours.
3/4 cup polenta
3/4 buckwheat flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp baking powder
1 dash of nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup shopped nuts of choice (walnuts, almonds or hazelnuts)
1/4 cup shredded coconuts
3/4 cup maple syrup
1 tbsp coconut oil
1. Preheat the oven to 325F or 170C
2. Blend all the dry ingredients in a big bowl.
3. Then add the wet ingredients.
4. Place the batter on a baking sheet and form it into one big "log" about 2 inches (5-6 cm) thick.
5. Bake the log for 25 min.
6. Remove the pan and cool the log for few minutes. Then cut the log carefully with a sharp knife straight across into 1/2 inches (2-3 cm) in wide slices.
7. Bake it again for 5-10 minutes or until golden at the bottom.
8. Turn the slices over and bake again for 5-10 minutes.
9. Cool on racks. Then enjoy :)