Raw vegan lemon & raspberry cheesecake
I absolutely love making raw vegan cakes. It is so easy and you can make it in 10 minutes if you have a food prcessor.
I feel like a kitchen magician when Im making raw cakes, hahaha.
As the crust is made of nuts and dates, the entire cakes is gluten free. And people know that I am not using any gluten products in my kitchen!
The flavouring is the best. I chose to make lemon/raspberry combo as it has a really fresh flavour and the combo is just perfect. But please, use any combo you want! blueberry/lemon would be great too :)
Enjoy this amazing cake!
This cake tastes amazing and it is very easy to make if you have a food processor.
1 c nuts (any favourite nuts)
1 c dates
Pinch of salt
1 tbsp of water
3 c cashews (soaked overnight)
3 tbsp maple syrup
½ c melted coconut oil
1/2 c juice of fresh lemons (make sure you do not use too much lemon juice, have a taste before you use it all)
Grated zest from the lemons
Pinch of salt
(save ½ c of finished lemon layer to blend with the raspberry layer)
2 c of raspberries
½ c of lemon layer
1. Place nuts and dates in a food processor with sea salt and little bit of water and pulse to chop until they are to your desired texture. Test the crust by spooning out a small amount of mixture and rolling it in your hands. If the ingredients hold together, your crust is perfect. Add the crust mixture in a 7” spring-form pan or a pie plate, press firmly, making sure that the edges are well packed and that the base is relatively even throughout. Rinse food processor well for the next layer.
2. Warm coconut oil to liquid.
3. Add all the lemon layer ingredients in the food processor and blend on high until very smooth. This can take couple few minutes.
4. Pour about 2/3 of the lemon layer on the crust and smooth with a spatula.
5. Add the remaning raspberries in the food processor for the raspberry layer. Blend on high until very smooth. Pour onto the lemon layer.
6. Place in freezer until solid. Best overnight and then remove from freezer 1-2 hour prior to eating. Can be kept in the fridge for 1 week.