Vegan and gluten free crunchy waffles
They absolutely taste amazing!
Finally I have made vegan gluten free waffles and I can tell you they taste amazing! Im so satisfied with how the recipe turned out. Enjoy!
About 4 waffles:
1 chia "eggs" (1 tbsp chia seeds in 3 tbsp of water, set a side for 30 min)
2 cup buckwheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla seeds
2 tbsp maple syrup
3 tbsp apple sauce
1/2 cup vegan milk
Pinch of salt
Coconut oil for the waffle iron
1. Turn on waffle iron, let it heat up
2. Make chia seed egg and set aside
3. Combine all the dry ingredients and then stir in the wet ingredients and the chia egg. Mix everything, the batter will be thick.
4. Grease the iron with coconut oil
5. Add 1/2 c of batter to iron.
6. Enjoy with your favourite topping!
Nutritional information for each waffle: Kcal 254, Protein 9g, CHO 44g, Fat 4.3g