Flourless black bean brownies
I love these brownies/muffins. Vegan and gluten free and no flour was used. Instead of the flour you will be using black beans. Sounds strange! but you can't taste the beans in the final product. They are moist with a dark smooth cacao flavour :)
About 10 muffins
2 cup black beans, rinsed
3/4 cup cacao
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 banana, ripe and spotted (mashed)
1/2 cup of maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 chia "egg" (1 tbsp chia seeds in 3 tbsp of water)
2 tbsp vegan milk
3 tbsp coconut oil
Walnut for topping
1. Preheat the oven 350F (170C)
2. Lightly grease a muffin pan. Rinse and drain the black beans.
3. Prepare the chia egg, combine the chia seeds and water and let it rest for few minutes.
4. Combine all the rest of the ingredients and add the chia egg.
5. Evenly distribute the batter into the muffin pan. Optional sprinkle with crushed walnuts.
6. Bake for 20-25 min until the tops are dry,
Nutritional information for each muffin: Kcal 153, Protein 4.7 g, CHO 19.7 g, Fat 5.5 g