Raw & vegan raspberry cake
One of my absolutely favorite raw cake! I love this recipe, so fresh with a strong flavor of raspberries. Its a must try if you love raspberries!
1 cup dates
1/2 cup almonds
2 tbsp shredded coconut
1 1/2 cup cashews (soaked overnight)
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 can coconut cream (the thick part) or 1/2 cup cocnut butter
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
1 pinch salt
juice of 1 lemon
1. Make the crust first. Blend all the crust ingredients in your food processor until the ingredients sticks together.
2. Lightly grease a round springform tin with removable edges. Press the crust into the base of the springform.
3. Blend all the filling ingredients in your food processor until very smooth. Can take few minutes,
4. Then pour the filling on to the crust and pop the cake in the freezer. Best overnight.
5. Transfer the cake from the freezer into the fridge few hours before serving. Carefully remove the sides of the springform and transfer the cake onto a serving platter. Keep the cake in the fridge or in the freezer when not being served.