Vegan, oil- grain- and gluten free
I love apple crumble!! Unfortunately they are often not that healthy, especially they are often high in fat. So, I decided to experiment a bit in the kitchen and I must say I succeded. I love this recipe! its crunchy and healthy without any oils, dairy and grains.
Here is the recipe:
For 2 serves
2 small apples or 1 1/2 big apples
1 tbsp coconut sugar (optional)
1/2 cup buckwheat groats
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 dash of ground nutmeg
3 medjool dates pitted and chopped
1 tsp psyllium husks
6 walnuts, chopped
1 cup vegan milk
1-2 tbsp buckwheat flour
1-2 tbsp maple syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F (175C)
2. Chop the apples in cubes and simmer them in a pan with a splash of water and coconut sugar (optional) for few minutes to soften the apples.
3. In a mixing bowl, mix together the dry ingredients, except the flour (buckwheat groats, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, dates, psyllium, walnuts)
4. In another bowl mix the wet ingredients, (vegan milk and maple syrup).
5. Then add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir well. Add buckwheat flour and stir to combine the ingredients to make a crumble texture.
6. In a small oven safe dish add the soften apples and then pour the crumble mixture on top.
7. Bake in the oven for about 30 min.
Enjoy with vegan ice cream! :)