The best DIY deodorant
I recently received a deodorant recipe from a customer. The first thing that came to mind when I looked at the ingredients was how easy it sounded and that it would not work on average armpits. I had these ingredients at home and have been thinking about only using products on my skin, made with ingredients you can eat. So I had to test it out. This deodorant contains only 3 ingredients, super easy to make. Just mix the ingredients. When done, store in a container and when ready to use, place a teaspoon of it on your finger and spread evenly on your armpits. This recipe is not suitable for those who prefer to use deodorant in like a roll-on and roll the contents under the arm. You must use your fingers. like I mentioned before, Just 3 ingredients and the main ingredient is sodium bicarbonate (baking soda)
Sodium Bicarbonate -
Sodium bicarbonate is usually used for baking. In the 1930s, Sodium bicarbonate was a proven medical device and is currently used in hospitals all across the world. sodium bicarbonate is very cheap and is excellent for a wide range of areas:
- Deodorant- If you want to avoid harmful toxic additives like parabens and aluminium, I strongly recommend using the sodium bicarbonate recipe for your perspiration needs. Recipe below.
- Insect bites- Mix sodium bicarbonate and water and apply to the site of the bite, to relieve itching. sodium Bicarbonate helps to relieve skin irritation and pruritus by neutralizing toxins and skin irritation.
- Heartburn and indigestion- sodium bicarbonate works by neutralizing stomach acid, which helps relieve heartburn, indigestion and even stomach ulcers. Dosage is usually ½ teaspoon completely dissolved in half a glass of water taken every other hour. Do not take this more than 7 times a day. This should not be done often as it can cause severe electrolyte and acid imbalance in the body.
- Sunburn- Add ½ cup of bicarbonate in warm bathing water. Submerge your yourself in the bath for a comfortable relief of the burn. When done, let your skin air dry, instead of drying off with a towel removing excess sodium bicarbonate.
- Toothpaste- sodium Bicarbonate has a gentle cleansing effect that helps remove plaques and cleans the teeth. Sodium bicarbonate is also antibacterial and kills some bacteria. For best results use a mixture of 6 teaspoons of bicarbonate to 1 teaspoon of sea salt. Rub on teeth and gums, brush, then rinse mouth after brushing is complete. This is very effective in killing bacteria. But be careful and do not do this every day because sodium bicarbonate is very abrasive on the enamel.
- Natural cleaning- sodium Bicarbonate is a very simple and cheap tool to clean your home! Sprinkle some baking soda into the bathtub and scrub to clean. sodium Bicarbonate mixed with apple cider vinegar is excellent for cleaning your sewage drains. Sprinkle bicarbonate into the drain and then pour in apple cider vinegar. Let it bubble for about 15 minutes and then rinse with warm water. Add 1/2 cup of sodium bicarbonate in the washing machine to make your clothes soft and whiter.
- Natural shampoo- I wash my hair with sodium bicarbonate. I take some the powder in my hand, then I massage my scalp and leave it in my hair for a few minutes. Then I rinse. As a conditioner, I take apple cider vinegar mixed with water and leave it in my hair for a few minutes before rinsing. Makes my hair so soft!
So many uses! Here's the recipe for this wonderful deodorant:
50% coconut oil virgin (cold pressed)
50% sodium bicarbonate
A few drops of essential oil, I am a big user of lavender oil
One might think that because of the Deodorant contains oil it will stain the clothes. But it doesn't! It is absorbed by the skin very quickly, much faster than the average toxic deodorant sold in stores. No stains anywhere!
Good luck :)